- Official Gene Full Name:
- E74 like ETS transcription factor 5
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- E74-like factor 5, Epithelium-restricted ESE-1-related Ets factor, Epithelium-specific Ets transcription factor 2, ESE2, ESE-2, ETS-related transcription factor Elf-5
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of an epithelium-specific subclass of the Ets transcritpion factor family. In addition to its role in regulating the later stages of terminal differentiation of keratinocytes, it appears to regulate a number of epithelium-specific genes found in tissues containing glandular epithelium such as salivary gland and prostate. It has very low affinity to DNA due to its negative regulatory domain at the amino terminus. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described for this gene.
- Protein Name:
- ETS-related transcription factor Elf-5
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Kit Principle:
- The Aviva DNA-Binding ELISA Kit contains components necessary for detection of active transcription factors in eukaryotic nuclear or cell lysates. This particular immunoassay utilizes the qualitative technique of an indirect ELISA. Streptavidin is bound to the immunoassay plate and specific biotinylated double-stranded (dsDNA) oligonucleotides are then added to bind to the streptavidin via a high affinity biotin-streptavidin interaction.After subsequent blocking of extraneous binding sites in each well, the sample containing the target of interest can be added. Primary antibody is added to bind activated transcription factorsbound to the dsDNA oligonucleotide, which has been immobilized via the plate-coated streptavidin. A HRP-conjugated secondary antibody specific for rabbit IgGs is added, which allows for specific binding to the Primary Antibody, and consequently colorimetric detection upon addition of the TMB substrate.
For color development, TMB(3, 3’, 5, 5’-Tetramethylbenzidine) is added to each well. After addition of the substrate, a peroxidase catalyzed reaction will produce a blue TMB Diimine product that is proportional to the target concentration in the sample. Color development is quenched by addition of Stop Solution, or2N Sulfuric Acid, which turns the solution yellow. The absorbance can then be read by a spectrophotometer at 450nm and subsequently allowing for determination of the target concentration in the sample.
- Kit Component:
|dsDNA Oligonucleotide Coated Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Strips)Microstrips|
|100X Primary Antibody||100 uL|
|100X Primary Phospho-Antibody||100 uL|
|HRP-Conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody||2 x 6 mL|
|Nuclear Lysate Positive Control||Lyophilized|
|Wild-Type Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide||20 uL|
|Mutant Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide||20 uL|
|10X Wash Buffer||50 mL|
|2X Binding Buffer||12 mL|
|Primary Antibody Diluent||12 mL|
|100X Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitors||100 uL|
|Nuclear Wash Buffer||12 mL|
|Cytoplasmic Extraction Buffer||6 mL|
|Nuclear Extraction Buffer||6 mL|
|Ready-to-Use Substrate||12 mL|
|Stop Solution||12 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ELF5.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ELF5.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Product Format:
- 12 x 8-Well Microstrips
- The ELF5 DNA-Binding ELISA Kit detects endogenous levels of total ELF5 protein.