- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Growth-regulated alpha protein
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- KC, Fsp, N51, gro, Gro1, Mgsa, Scyb1, Cxcl1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-130316 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI MOUSE CXCL1:Biotin
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Cxcl1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Cxcl1.
- The immunogen for anti-Cxcl1 antibody: recombinant mouse CXCL1
- Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 1.0ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-Cxcl1 antibody - OASA08385
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA: 0.15ug/ml - 0.30ug/ml
Western Blotting: 0.1ug/ml - 0.2ug/ml
- Additional Information:
- Note: Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
The addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommende
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to mouse CXCL1 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 50ug/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline
- Tips Information:
Product Protocol: Cxcl1 antibody used to evaluate decidual stromal cell response to paracrine signals from the trophoblast: amplification of immune and angiogenic modulators (OASA08385)
Product Page: Cxcl1 antibody (OASA08385)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA08384 Capture OASA08385 Detection
Experiment Type: Protein Expression ELISA evaluations
A.P. Hess et al. chose two of the most highly upregulated genes (CXCL1 [GRO1] and IL8) for protein validation by ELISA. For both assays, cell culture supernatant (~1000 μl) was removed from the sample wells, at t = 0 of treatment and at the appropriate time interval (3 or 12 h), and diluted in the appropriate diluents for each respective assay. The CXCL1 ELISA was performed with a monoclonal anti-human CXCL1 antibody (R&D Systems, Minneapolis, MN). One hundred microliters per well of primary antibody (at a concentration of 4 μg/ml) was coated overnight onto 96-well Maxisorp plates (Nalge Nunc International, Rochester, NY). Plates were washed with wash buffer (1× PBS + 0.05% v/v Tween-20) and then blocked for 1 h at room temperature with blocking buffer (1× PBS + 1% w/v BSA, 5% w/v sucrose, and 0.05% w/v NaN3). Serial dilutions of recombinant CXCL1 (R&D Systems), ranging from 60 pg/ml to 4 ng/ml, were used as the standard. One hundred microliters of standard or appropriately diluted culture supernatant was added to each well and incubated for 2 h at room temperature. After washing, 100 μl of biotinylated anti-human CXCL1 at a concentration of 200 ng/ml was used to complete the sandwich assay and was added to each well for 2 h at room temperature. A streptavidin-HRP conjugate was then added to the plate and incubated for 20 min at 25°C. The color was developed with a tetramethylbenzidine substrate solution, and the absorbance was measured at 450 nm.
Interleukin 8 (IL8) was assayed in the cell culture supernatant with the Endogen Human IL8 ELISA Kit (Pierce Biotechnology, Rockford, IL). Serial dilutions of the IL8 standard ranged from 25.6 pg/ml to 1.0 ng/ml.
The mean ± SEM for the n = 3 replicates was calculated. Paired t-test analyses were performed to determine the statistical significance between the TCM and CCM treatments, as well as between t = 0 and the respective treatment conditions (CCM and TCM).
1. Baseline levels of CXCL1 in conditioned media at t = 0 were 7.05 ng/ml, which rose to 34.33 ng/ml after 3 h of treatment, compared to 14.82 ng/ml in the control condition. By 12 h of TCM treatment, the protein level increased to 118.40 ng/ml, compared to virtually no change in the control. 2. The increase in CXCL1 was statistically significant at both 3 and 12 h of TCM treatment, compared to CCM, by paired t-test analysis. In addition, the CXCL1 levels were statistically significant in the TCM compared to t = 0 at both 3 and 12 h by paired t-test analysis (data not shown). However, there was no significant difference between the CCM CXCL1 levels and t = 0 (data not shown).
1: Hess AP, Hamilton AE, Talbi S, Dosiou C, Nyegaard M, Nayak N, Genbecev-Krtolica O, Mavrogianis P, Ferrer K, Kruessel J, Fazleabas AT, Fisher SJ, Giudice LC. Decidual stromal cell response to paracrine signals from the trophoblast: amplification of immune and angiogenic modulators. Biol Reprod. 2007 Jan;76(1):102-17. Epub 2006 Oct 4. PubMed PMID: 17021345.