- Official Gene Full Name:
- collagen type XIV alpha 1 chain
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Collagen alpha-1(XIV) chain, UND, Undulin
- Description of Target:
- Plays an adhesive role by integrating collagen bundles. It is probably associated with the surface of interstitial collagen fibrils via COL1. The COL2 domain may then serve as a rigid arm which sticks out from the fibril and protrudes the large N-terminal globular domain into the extracellular space, where it might interact with other matrix molecules or cell surface receptors (By similarity).By similarity1 Publication
<p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p>
<p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.6"Undulin, an extracellular matrix glycoprotein associated with collagen fibrils."_x005F_x000D_
Schuppan D., Cantaluppi M., Becker J., Veit A., Bunte T., Troyer D., Schuppan F., Schmid M., Ackermann R., Hahn E._x005F_x000D_
J. Biol. Chem. 265:8823-8832(1990) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION.
- Protein Name:
- collagen alpha-1(XIV) chain
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids
- < 0.054 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level COL14A1 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level COL14A1 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology COL14A1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD00368) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for COL14A1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for COL14A1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample COL14A1captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-COL14A1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|COL14A1 Lyophilized Standard||2 x 10 ng|
|100X Biotinylated COL14A1 Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Sample||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express COL14A1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express COL14A1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Collagen Type XIV (COL14).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Collagen Type XIV (COL14) and analogues was observed.