- Official Gene Full Name:
- cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- ARF, CDK4I, CDKN2, CMM2, Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A, Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A, isoform 4, Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A, isoforms 1/2/3, INK4, INK4a, INK4A, MLM, MTS1, MTS-1, Multiple tumor suppressor 1, p14, P14, p14ARF, P14
- Description of Target:
- This gene generates several transcript variants which differ in their first exons. At least three alternatively spliced variants encoding distinct proteins have been reported, two of which encode structurally related isoforms known to function as inhibitors of CDK4 kinase. The remaining transcript includes an alternate first exon located 20 Kb upstream of the remainder of the gene; this transcript contains an alternate open reading frame (ARF) that specifies a protein which is structurally unrelated to the products of the other variants. This ARF product functions as a stabilizer of the tumor suppressor protein p53 as it can interact with, and sequester, the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase MDM2, a protein responsible for the degradation of p53. In spite of the structural and functional differences, the CDK inhibitor isoforms and the ARF product encoded by this gene, through the regulatory roles of CDK4 and p53 in cell cycle G1 progression, share a common functionality in cell cycle G1 control. This gene is frequently mutated or deleted in a wide variety of tumors, and is known to be an important tumor suppressor gene. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2012]
- Protein Name:
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.98 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 1.56 - 100 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 6.4% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 7.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CDKN2A ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH00591) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for CDKN2A has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for CDKN2A is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample CDKN2A captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-CDKN2A Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|CDKN2A Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated CDKN2A Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 89%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CDKN2A.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CDKN2A.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A, isoforms 1/2/3. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.