- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- caveolae associated 1
- Protein Name:
- caveolae-associated protein 1; polymerase I and transcript release factor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Ptrf, Cavin, Cav-p60, AW546441, 2310075E07Rik
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-133934 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CAVIN1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CAVIN1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of mouse PTRF
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 85%; Dog: 92%; Horse: 92%; Human: 90%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 85%; Rat: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-PTRF (ARP36965_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: SEALPEKEGDELGEGERPEDDTAAIELSSDEAVEVEEVIEESRAERIKRS
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- Fbxo32; Dmd; Htt;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CAVIN1 (ARP36965_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP36965 (Previous Catalog # AAPP09163)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CAVIN1 (ARP36965_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Miyoshi,K., et al., (2001) Genomics 71 (2), 150-155
Researcher: Libin Liu, Boston University.
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 50ug mouse embryonic fibroblast lysate Lane 2: 50ug mouse PTRF-KO embryonic fibroblast lysate Lane 3: 50ug mouse PTRF-KO embryonic fibroblast lysate+FLAG-PTRF protein
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Donkey anti-Rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:10000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||More choice of antibodies, help to verify the results.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes, it worked great.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||-80C for the Original vial, and 4C for antibody working solution.|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||mouse, MEFs cells, 50ug|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||More than 10 times.|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cell lysates were prepared in RIPA buffer, then adding LSB samples buffer without DTT, boiled for 3-min.|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:1000, overnight.|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||1:10000, 1 hour.|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||PTRF knockout, WT and KO with Flag-PTRF transfection.|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||Standard Western blot protocol was used as:
1. SDS page runs at 30 mA per mini-gel
2. Tranfer overnight at 60-80 mA.
3. Blocking in 1% BSA in PBS/T
4. Primary antibody solution: 1%BSA in PBS/T
5. Wash for 5min, 5min, 10min.
6. Dilute 2nd antibody in PBS/T.
7. Wash for 5min, 5min, 10min, 10min.
8. ECL-Pro (PerkinElmer, NEL121001EA) was used.
9. LAS4000 image station