- Official Gene Full Name:
- calpain 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Calcium-activated neutral proteinase 1, Calpain-1 catalytic subunit, Calpain-1 large subunit, Calpain mu-type, CANP, CANP1, CANP 1, CANPL1, Cell proliferation-inducing gene 30 protein, Micromolar-calpain, muCANP, muCL, PIG30
- Description of Target:
- Calcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Protein Name:
- Calpain-1 catalytic subunit
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- 0.59 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 1.56-100 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level CAPN1 was tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level CAPN1 was tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10% (n=20)
Inter-Assay CV: <12% (n=24)
- Kit Duration:
- 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CAPN1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD02415) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for CAPN1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wellss, incubated and removed.A biotinylated detector antibody specific for CAPN1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample CAPN1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-CAPN1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|CAPN1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated CAPN1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CAPN1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CAPN1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Calpain 1, Large Subunit (CAPN1).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Calpain 1, Large Subunit (CAPN1) and analogues was observed.