- Official Gene Full Name:
- complement component 4A (Rodgers blood group)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- C4, C4-1, C4a, Complement C4
- Description of Target:
- Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C4, C4a anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory processes. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes.
- Protein Name:
- Complement C4
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.39 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.15 - 10 ug/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 7.2% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.6% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology C4A ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH00414) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Rat C4A has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. After washing,a biotinylated detector antibody specific for Rat C4A is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Rat C4A captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-C4A Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|C4A Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated C4A||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 93%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express C4A.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express C4A.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKEH00414
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural ratComplement C4. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.