- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Proto-oncogene c-Rel
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- REL, Proto-oncogene c-Rel
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-272 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Mouse Monoclonal Antibody (Mab)
- Molecular Weight:
- 68520 Da
- WB, IF
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express REL.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express REL.
- Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Mouse monoclonal antibody supplied in crude ascites with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- This REL monoclonal antibody is generated from mouse immunized with REL recombinant protein.
- Application Info:
- WB 1:500 - 16000
IF 1:10 - 50
- Additional Information:
- Precautions: C-rel Antibody (ascites) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Function: Proto-oncogene that may play a role in differentiation and lymphopoiesis. NF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF- kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF- kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. The NF-kappa-B heterodimer RELA/p65-c-Rel is a transcriptional activator
- Cellular Location: Nucleus (By similarity).
- Tips Information:
Please find the protocol used to generate the western blot data for item (OAAB06845) by going here
Product datasheet link: REL antibody (OAAB06845)
C-rel Antibody (Cat. #OAAB06845) western blot analysis in Hela cell line lysates (35ug/lane).This demonstrates the C-rel antibody detected the C-rel protein (arrow).
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology's REL antibody (OAAB06845) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody, please email us at email@example.com
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva's products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com