- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- met proto-oncogene
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor, MET, HGFR
- Description of Target:
- et (MET or MNNG HOS Transforming gene) is a proto-oncogene that encodes a protein known as hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR). MET proto-oncogene has a total length of 125,982 bp, and it is located in the 7q31 locus of chromosome 7. MET is a membrane receptor that is essential for embryonic development and wound healing. Activation of MET triggers mitogenesis, and morphogenesis.
- Protein Name:
- Submitted name: Met protein
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- cell culture supernates, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA)
- < 5 pg/ml
- Kit Range:
- 62.5 pg/ml-4,000 pg/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
Intra-Assay Precision Inter-Assay Precision Sample 1 2 3 1 2 3 Mean (ng/mL) 0.51 1.7 2.8 0.57 1.8 3.2 St. Dev. 0.022 0.092 0.146 0.029 0.137 0.221 %CV 4.31 5.41 5.21 5.08 7.61 6.90
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology MET ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKBB00319) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. A rat monoclonal antibody specific for MET has been pre-coated onto 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards (sf21, E25-R306(α) &S307-N929(β)) and test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for MET is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is visualized through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Mouse MET captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Lyophilized recombinant mouse C-MET standard 10 ng/tube x 2 Anti-mouse C-MET Antibody Well Plate 96 Wells Sample diluent buffer 30 mL Biotinylated anti- mouse C-MET antibody 130 uL, dilution 1:100 Antibody diluent buffer 12 mL Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 130 uL, dilution 1:100 ABC diluent buffer 12 mL TMB color developing agent 10 mL TMB stop solution 10 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MET.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MET.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- No detectable cross-reactivity with any other cytokine.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 4C for frequent use, at -20C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles (Shipped with wet ice.)
- Target Reference:
- 1. Bottaro DP, Rubin JS, Faletto DL, Chan AM, Kmiecik TE, Vande Woude GF, Aaronson SA (February 1991). "Identification of the hepatocyte growth factor receptor as the met proto-oncogene product". Science 251 (4995): 802–4.
2. Galland F, Stefanova M, Lafage M, Birnbaum D (1992). "Localization of the 5' end of the MCF2 oncogene to human chromosome 15q15----q23". Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 60 (2): 114–6.
3. Gentile A, Trusolino L, Comoglio PM (March 2008). "The Met tyrosine kinase receptor in development and cancer". Cancer Metastasis Rev. 27 (1): 85–94.
- There is no detectable cross-reactivity with other relevant proteins.
- Additional Information:
- Range: 62.5pg/ml-4000pg/ml
- Principle: Aviva’s mouse C-MET ELISA Kit was based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. Mouse C-MET specific-specific polyclonal antibodies were precoated onto 96-well plates. The mouse specific detection polyclonal antibodies were biotinylated. The test samples and biotinylated detection antibodies were added to the wells subsequently and then followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex was added and unbound conjugates were washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. HRP substrate TMB was used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB was catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changed into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow is proportional to the mouse C-MET amount of sample captured in plate.
- Notes: 1. To inspect the validity of experiment operation and the appropriateness of sample dilution proportion, pilot experiment using standards and a small number of samples is recommended.
2. The TMB Color Developing agent is colorless and transparent before using, contact us freely if it is not the case.
3. Before using the Kit, spin tubes and bring down all components to the bottom of tubes.
4. Duplicate well assay is recommended for both standard and sample testing.
5. Don’t let 96-well plate dry, for dry plate will inactivate active components on plate.
6. Don’t reuse tips and tubes to avoid cross contamination.
7. To avoid to use the reagents from different batches together.
8. In order to avoid marginal effect of plate incubation due to temperature difference ( reaction may be stronger in the marginal wells), it is suggested that the diluted ABC and TMB solution will be pre-warmed in 37C for 30 min before using.
Background: C-Met (MET or MNNG HOS Transforming gene) is a proto-oncogene that encodes a protein known as hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR). MET proto-oncogene has a total length of 125,982 bp, and it is located in the 7q31 locus of chromosome 7. MET is a membrane receptor that is essential for embryonic development and wound healing. Activation of MET triggers mitogenesis, and morphogenesis.
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question