- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit beta
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- PRKACB, cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit beta
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-28315 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Purified Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody (Pab)
- Molecular Weight:
- 40623 Da
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PRKACB.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PRKACB.
- Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified polyclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide. This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Approximately 0.5mg/ml. Actual concentration varies with each lot.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- This c-AMPProtein Kinase Catalytic subnunit Antibody antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 25~54 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human PRKACB.
- Application Info:
- WB 1:100 - 500
- Additional Information:
- Precautions: c-AMPProtein Kinase Catalytic subnunit Antibody (N-term E32) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Function: Mediates cAMP-dependent signaling triggered by receptor binding to GPCRs. PKA activation regulates diverse cellular processes such as cell proliferation, the cell cycle, differentiation and regulation of microtubule dynamics, chromatin condensation and decondensation, nuclear envelope disassembly and reassembly, as well as regulation of intracellular transport mechanisms and ion flux. Regulates the abundance of compartmentalized pools of its regulatory subunits through phosphorylation of PJA2 which binds and ubiquitinates these subunits, leading to their subsequent proteolysis
- Cellular Location: Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Nucleus (By similarity). Note=Translocates into the nucleus (monomeric catalytic subunit) (By similarity). The inactive holoenzyme is found in the cytoplasm (By similarity)
Tissue Location: Isoform 1 is most abundant in the brain, with low level expression in kidney. Isoform 2 is predominantly expressed in thymus, spleen and kidney. Isoform 3 and isoform 4 are only expressed in the brain
- Tips Information:
Please find the protocol used to generate the western blot data for item (OAAB16788) by going here
Product datasheet link: PRKACB antibody (OAAB16788)
The anti-PRKACB Pab (Cat. # OAAB16788) is used in Western blot to detect PRKACB in A375 cell lysate.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology's PRKACB antibody (OAAB16788) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody, please email us at email@example.com
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva's products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com