- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- BRADYKININ; Kallidin I; L-Bradykinin; Callidin I; Kallidin 9
- Description of Target:
- BRADYKININ is a nonapeptide messenger that is enzymatically produced from KALLIDIN in the blood where it is a potent but short-lived agent of arteriolar dilation and increased capillary permeability. Bradykinin is also released from MAST CELLS during asthma attacks, from gut walls as a gastrointestinal vasodilator, from damaged tissues as a pain signal, and may be a neurotransmitter.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, cell culture supernates and other biological fluids
- 0.48 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 1.23 - 100 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target.
Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology BK ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKCD02257) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-BK antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated BK and incubated. The BK found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated BK for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-BK antibody. Wells are washed and Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated then washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated BK captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of BK which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Bradykinin Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Bradykinin Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Bradykinin Biotin Complex||1|
|100X Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
|Biotin Complex Reconstitution Buffer||1 x 300 uL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Matrix||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.