- Official Gene Full Name:
- Bcl2-like 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Apoptosis regulator Bcl-X, Bcl2l, Bcl2-L-1, Bcl-2-like protein 1, Bclx, bcl-X, Bcl-xl, Blc2l
- Description of Target:
- Potent inhibitor of cell death. Inhibits activation of caspases. Appears to regulate cell death by blocking the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) by binding to it and preventing the release of the caspase activator, CYC1, from the mitochondrial membrane. Also acts as a regulator of G2 checkpoint and progression to cytokinesis during mitosis. Isoform Bcl-X(L) also regulates presynaptic plasticity, including neurotransmitter release and recovery, number of axonal mitochondria as well as size and number of synaptic vesicle clusters. During synaptic stimulation, increases ATP availability from mitochondria through regulation of mitochondrial membrane ATP synthase F1F0 activity and regulates endocytic vesicle retrieval in hippocampal neurons through association with DMN1L and stimulation of its GTPase activity in synaptic vesicles. May attenuate inflammation impairing NLRP1-inflammasome activation, hence CASP1 activation and IL1B release.
- Protein Name:
- Bcl-2-like protein 1
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Lysates
- 11.72 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 46.88 pg/mL-3,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Bcl2l1 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Bcl2l1 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <8%
Inter-Assay CV: <10%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Bcl2l1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKCA00952) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. A antibody specific for Bcl2l1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Bcl2l1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Bcl2l1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Bcl2l1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Bcl2l1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated Bcl2l1 Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 50 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 15 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 15 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Dilution||Mean n=4 (%)||Range (%)|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery range (%)||Average(%)|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||99||90-102|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BCL2L1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BCL2L1.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKCA00952
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.