- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Apoptogenic protein 1, mitochondrial
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- APOP1, C14orf153
- Description of Target:
- APOPT1 plays a role in the regulation of apoptosis. It mediates mitochondria-induced cell death in vascular smooth muscle cells through the release of cytochrome c from mitochondria, followed by the activation of the caspase cascade.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express APOPT1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express APOPT1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C-terminal region of Human APOPT1
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Horse, Human
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 82%; Horse: 82%; Human: 100%
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KEFLSKNFQKHMYYNRDWYKRNFAITFFMGKVALERIWNKLKQKQKKRSN
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- BAG3; UBC;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-APOPT1 (ARP69014_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP69014
- Printable datasheet for anti-APOPT1 (ARP69014_P050) antibody
Submitted by: Anonymous
1. Sample Type/Lane Description:
Human HEK293 Cell Lysates
Lane 1: 40 ug untreated HEK293 cells (control)
Lane 2: 40 ug HEK293 cells + OA (Oligomycin + AntimycinA)
Lane 3: 40 ug HEK293 cells + CCCP
Lane 4: 40 ug HEK293 cells + Staurosporine
2. Primary antibody dilution:
3. Secondary antibody and dilution:
HRP-Goat anti-Rabbit IgG - 1:10,000
HEK293 control cells, as well as cells treated with OA, CCCP, Staurosporine were lysed using a Triton X-100 based lysis buffer (1% Triton X-100, 10% glycerol, 150 mM NaCl, 20 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 2 mM EDTA) in the presence of a protease inhibitor mix. 40 μg of whole cell extract was mixed with 2 × SDS-sample buffer and boiled for 5 min. The samples were resolved on 12% SDS-PAGE and electro-transferred PVDF membranes using a semi-dry cell transfer blot. 4% nonfat dry milk in TBST buffer (25 mM Tris–HCl, pH 8.0, 125 mM NaCl, 0.1% Tween 20) was used to block nonspecific binding of the membrane. The membrane was incubated overnight at 4oC with TECPR1 (1:500 in TBST+ 4%Milk) primary antibodies followed by the specific secondary peroxidase-conjugated antibodies. The membrane was visualized by enhanced chemiluminescence (ECL) and developed using X-ray film.