- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1)
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- KIP1, MEN4, CDKN4, MEN1B, P27KIP1,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-129376 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The p27Kip1 gene codes for a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor implicated in G1 arrest by transforming growth factor beta, cell-cell contact, agents that elevate cyclic AMP, and the growth-inhibitory drμg rapamycin. p27 binds to and inhibits complexes formed by cyclin E-cdk2, cyclin A-cdk2, and cyclin D-cdk4. The involvement of p27 in the negative regulation of cell prolifeRation sμggests that it may also function as a tumor suppressor gene. The degradation of p27, which is triggered by its CDK dependent phosphorylation and subsequent ubiquitination by SCF complexes, is required for the cellular transition from quiescence to the prolifeRative state.
- Molecular Weight:
- ~27 kDa
- The Rabbit IgG is purified by Site-specific Epitope Affinity Purification.
- IHC, WB, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CDKN1B.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CDKN1B.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminus of Human p27. This sequence is identical among Human, Rat, Mouse, bovine, dog origins.
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- The antibodies are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20C to -70C. The antibodies can be stored at 2C to 8C for three month without detectable loss of activity.
Avoid repeated freezing thawing cycles.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for Rabbit Anti-P27kip Polyclonal Antibody OAAI00157
- This antibody recognizes ~27 kDa of Human P27Kip1 protein. It also reacts with Mouse and Rat. The other species are not tested.
- Rabbit IgG
- Application Info:
- Positive Control: Hela Cell Lysates
Western Blot: 0.1-1 μg/ml
ELISA: 0.01-0.1 μg/ml
IP: 2-5 μg/ml
IHC: 2-5 μg/ml
- Target Reference:
- Shin,I.,et al. PKB/Akt mediates cell-cycle progression by phosphorylation of p27(Kip1) at threonine 157 and modulation of its cellular localization. Nat. Med. 8 (10), 1145-1152 (2002)
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question