- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Angiotensin II receptor, type 2
- Protein Name:
- Type-2 angiotensin II receptor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- AT2, ATGR2, MRX88
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-29752 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family, and functions as a receptor for angiotensin II. It is an intergral membrane protein that is highly expressed in fetus, but scantily in adult tissues, except brain, adrenal medulla, and atretic ovary. This receptor has been shown to mediate programmed cell death and this apoptotic function may play an important role in developmental biology and pathophysiology. Mutations in this gene are been associated with X-linked mental retardation.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express AGTR2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express AGTR2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human AGTR2
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 86%; Dog: 86%; Horse: 79%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 79%; Pig: 86%; Rabbit: 79%; Rat: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-AGTR2 (ARP59983_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: LHFGLVNISGNNESTLNCSQKPSDKHLDAIPILYYIIFVIGFLVNIVVVT
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- ERBB2IP; TIMP3; SNTA1; ZBTB16; MTUS1; PIK3CB; ERBB3; GNAI3; GNAI2; ACE; AGT; AGTRAP;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-AGTR2 (ARP59983_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP59983 (Previous Catalog # AAPP46341)
- Printable datasheet for anti-AGTR2 (ARP59983_P050) antibody
Researcher: Manisha Nautiyal, Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Rat dorsal medulla brain & cortax + hypothalamus
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel: 1. 40ug rat dorsal medulla brain extract 2. 20 ug rat cortax + hypothalamus mitochondria extract
Primary antibody dilution: 1:3000
Secondary antibody: Anti-Rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
Renin-angiotensin system characterization.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
4; band is clean however not at the expected MW which is approximately 41kDa; we see this band between 30-40kDa in rat brain homogenate.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Yes, once we make sure with added controls that the band we see approximately 30 kda is AGTR2.
Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):
Rat brain: lane #1 is dorsal medulla tissue extract (40 ug) and lane # 2 is isolated mitochondria from rat brain cortex and hypothalamus pooled (20 ug).
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you preparing it?
"Lane # 1: homogenize brain dorsal medulla in 20mM potassium phosphate buffer, pH 7.0 with 1mM EGTA and Sigma protease cocktail inhibitor; and prepare samples in Laemmli buffer for WB
Lane # 2: isolate brain mitochondria (cortex and hypothalamus pooled) and prepare samples in Laemmli buffer for WB"
Primary used and dilution:
1: 3000 in 5% milk-TBST (0.05% Tween) for overnight at 4 degrees.
Secondary used and dilution:
1: 5000 anti-Rabbit HRP in 5% milk-TBST for 2 hrs at room temperature.
"Gels: (cat#161-1155, BioRad) Ready Gel Tris-HCl Gel, 10% resolving gel, 4% stacking gel, 10-well, 50 ul,
Running buffer: BioRad cat # 161-0732 : 1X Tris/Glycine/SDS: run gels for 70 min at 120 V
Transfer buffer: BioRad cat # 161-0734 : 1X Tris/Glycine with 20% methanol: Transfer for 1 hr at 100V
Blocking buffer: 5% milk in TBS-Tween (0.05%) for 1 hr at room temperature
Primary antibody: overnight at 4 degrees
Wash 3 times with TBST for 10 min per wash
Secondary antibody: 2 hrs room temperature
Wash 3 times wiht TBST for 10 min per wash
Develop bands with chemiluminescent substrate (Pierce: SuperSignal West Pico Chemiluminescent Substrate)"
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control:
Tissue (positive), mitochondria (negative).
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
In water, at -80 degrees.