- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Early growth response 3
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Early growth response protein 3
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC138484, PILOT, EGR-3
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-191, HPA006206
- Description of Target:
- EGR3 is a probable transcription factor involved in muscle spindle development.The gene encodes a transcriptional regulator that belongs to the EGR family of C2H2-type zinc-finger proteins. It is an immediate-early growth response gene which is induced by mitogenic stimulation. The protein encoded by this gene participates in the transcriptional regulation of genes in controling biological rhythm. It may also plays a role in muscle development.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express EGR3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express EGR3.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human EGR3
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-EGR3 (ARP34197_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: ALPPYSNCGDLYSEPVSFHDPQGNPGLAYSPQDYQSAKPALDSNLFPMIP
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-EGR3 (ARP34197_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP34197 (Previous Catalog # AAPP05512)
- Printable datasheet for anti-EGR3 (ARP34197_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Yamada,K., (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104 (8), 2815-2820
Hilda M. Guerrero-Netro
University of Montreal
1. Sample type: Bovine ovarian granulosa cell line; primary bovine granulosa cells.
Lane 1: 30ug bovine ovarian granulosa cell lysate
Lane 2: 30ug bovine ovarian granulosa cell lysate + fibroblast growth factor-8
Lane 3: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone
Lane 4: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone, 0.5 hr
Lane 5: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone, 1 hr
Lane 6: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone, 3 hr
Lane 7: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone, 6 hr
Lane 8: 22ug primary bovine granulosa cell lysate + luteinizing hormone, 12 hr
2. Sample preparation methods: Cell line: 0.5 million cells/well were seeded in a 24 well plate, after reaching confluence (2 days) cells were challenged with fibroblast growth factor-8. Primary cells were cultured in serum-free medium for 1 day, serum-starved for 1 day, then challenged with luteinizing hormone for different times. Cell protein was recovered in RIPA buffer containing protease inhibitors.
3. Primary antibody concentration : 0.25 mg/ul, incubation for 12 hours at 4C.
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: Anti-Rabbit, 1:20,000. 5% milk + incubated during one hour at room temperature.
- Buffer preparation: Add 5 ul of Bmercaptanol to 200 ul of loading buffer. Gel (Two gels preparation) 12% 5% Distilled Water 8.6 ml 3.9 ml 40% Acrylamid 6 ml 750 ul 1.5 M Tris 5 ml 750 ul 10% SDS 200 ul 60 ul 10% APS 200 ul 60 ul TEMED 8 ul 6 ul
- Protein preparation: 15 mg, Heat the proteins in the thermocycler for 5 minutes at 95 C. Running samples in gel, Estimated time 1:30 hours, Run at 80 V until samples pass the first gel (5%gel), Increase voltage to 110 V until samples run in the gel completely.
- Transfer the protein to a membrane, Time: 2 hours, Voltage: 110 V, Temperature: 4 C, Membrane: PVDF membrane. Blocking the membrane 5% Skim milk First Antibody, Stock concentration: 1mg/ul , Use concentration: 1mg/ ul, After incubating with the first antibody wash the membrane three times with TTBS, keeping 5 minutes mixing per wash.
- Secondary Antibody: Type: Anti-Rabbit, Concentration: 1:20000. After incubating wash the membrane 5 Times. Chemiluminescent Substrate. Mix in equal parts the two reagents, get the mix to room temperature, add 10 ml to the membrane during 10 minutes, during this time keep away from light. Exposure time: 2 minutes.