- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Early growth response 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- E3 SUMO-protein ligase EGR2
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CMT1D, CMT4E, DKFZp686J1957, FLJ14547, KROX20, AT591
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20450 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The early growth response protein 2 (EGR2) is a transcription factor with three tandem C2H2-type zinc fingers. Mutations in this gene are associated with the autosomal dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, type 1.The early growth response protein 2 is a transcription factor with three tandem C2H2-type zinc fingers. Mutations in this gene are associated with the autosomal dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, type 1. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC-P, IHC-F, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express EGR2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express EGR2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human EGR2
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 92%; Horse: 85%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 92%; Rabbit: 92%; Rat: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-EGR2 (P100880_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: PFACDYCGRKFARSDERKRHTKIHLRQKERKSSAPSASVPAPSTASCSGG
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- RPL7L1; HN1L; RIMKLB; RBM15B; NDUFS2; BPGM; SRA1; DTX1; WWP2; UBC; UBE2I; NAB2; SOX8; MED31; SOX10; HCFC1; ACP5; NFATC1; FASLG;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-EGR2 (P100880_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP31178 (Previous Catalog # AAPP01921)
- Printable datasheet for anti-EGR2 (P100880_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Yoo,Y.G., et al., (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279 (35), 36242-36249
Damm, F. et al. Acquired initiating mutations in early hematopoietic cells of CLL patients. Cancer Discov. 4, 1088-101 (2014). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 24920063
Lagrange, B. et al. A role for miR-142-3p in colony-stimulating factor 1-induced monocyte differentiation into macrophages. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1833, 1936-46 (2013). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 23602969
Latasa, M.-J., Ituero, M., Moran-Gonzalez, A., Aranda, A. & Cosgaya, J. M. Retinoic acid regulates myelin formation in the peripheral nervous system. Glia 58, 1451-64 (2010). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 20648638
Pavel Katsel, PhD
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
“worked well for frozen tissue IHC”
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Human cerebral cortex (cryosections)
2. Primary antibody dilution: Anti‐EGR2 (1:125 v/v) overnight at 4°C .
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: Anti‐Rabbit 1:300 for 2h at RT (300 l per well).
5. What antigen retrieval method: Cryosections
6. Description of stains and counterstain:
- Stain: DAB kit – observe until brownish color
- Counterstain: Nissl
1. Human cerebral cortex were sliced in thickness of 15 m using a cryostat.
2. The tissues were immersed in 4% paraformaldehyde (PFA) O.N followed by washing in PBSx1.
3. After washing three times for 10 min with PBSX1, the sections were H2O2 treated (9ml PBSx1 + 1ml methanol + 30 l H2O2) for 1h.
4. The sections were washed three times for 10 min with PBSX1 and transferred to a blocking solution (250 l goat serum +500 l TBSx10+150 l 10% Triton in DDW (total of 5ml)) for 2h.
5. Sections were washed again in PBSX1 for 10 min and incubated O.N in 4°C with primary antibody Anti‐EGR2 C‐terminal (1:125 v/v).
6. Sections were washed three times for 10 min with PBSX1 followed by incubation with secondary Anti‐Rabbit 1:300 for 2h and stained with DAB kit (Expose Rabbit Specific HRP/DAB Detection IHC Kit).
7. The sections were counterstained with NISSL and placed on glass slides drying, mounting, and covered with coverslip.
8. Images obtained using 3D HISTEK Panoramic scanner (Brightfield).