- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- DC, DBCN, LISX, SCLH, XLIS, FLJ51296, DCX
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the doublecortin family. The protein encoded by this gene is a cytoplasmic protein and contains two doublecortin domains, which bind microtubules. In the developing cortex, cortical neurons must migrate over long distances to reach the site of their final differentiation. The encoded protein appears to direct neuronal migration by regulating the organization and stability of microtubules. In addition, the encoded protein interacts with LIS1, the regulatory gamma subunit of platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase, and this interaction is important to proper microtubule function in the developing cortex. Mutations in this gene cause abnormal migration of neurons during development and disrupt the layering of the cortex, leading to epilepsy, mental retardation, subcortical band heterotopia ("double cortex" syndrome) in females and lissencephaly ("smooth brain" syndrome) in males. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express DCX.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express DCX.
- Protein Interactions:
- KIFC3; GOLGA2; TRIM23; KRTAP10-8; KRT40; RINT1; MID2; SPAG5; IKZF1; CALCOCO2; ZBTB5; TRIM27; MEOX1; FBXO25; APP; PPP1R9B; PPP1CA; PAFAH1B1; ACD; TINF2; POT1; TERF1; SPP1; USP9X; NFASC; TRIM39; AP1M1; AP2M1; DCX; CDK5;
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 39
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.