- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- C-X-C motif chemokine 2
- Alias Symbols:
- GRO2, GROb, MIP2, MIP2A, SCYB2, MGSA-b, MIP-2a, CINC-2a, CXCL2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1375 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CXCL2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CXCL2.
- The immunogen for anti-CXCL2 antibody: recombinant human GRO-beta
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB. For functional studies do not azide.
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-CXCL2 antibody - OASA07797
- OASA07797 is specific for human GRO-beta, otherwise known as CXCL2, a 7.9kDa CXC chemokine and one of three closely related, but distinct GRO gene products, which act as chemoattractants and activators of neutrophils and basophils.
Like GRO-alpha (CXCL1) and GRO-gamma (CXCL3), GRO-beta contains the ELR-motif (N-terminal Glu-Leu-Arg amino acid sequence) and signals through the CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors, though studies have shown that GRO-beta has a lower potency and receptor binding affinity.
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA: 0.5ug/ml
Western Blotting: 0.1 - 0.2ug/ml
Functional Assays: 0.5 - 1.0ug/ml
Immunohistology - Paraffin: This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human GRO-beta were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Haskill, S. et al. (1990) Identification of three related human GRO genes encoding cytokine functions. P.N.A.S. 87: 7732-7736.
2. Geiser, T. et al. (1993) The Interleukin-8-related chemotactic cytokines GROalpha, GRObeta, and GROgamma activate human neutrophil and basophil leukocytes. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 15419-15424.
3. Kogan-Sakin, I. et al. (2009) Prostate stromal cells produce CXCL-1, CXCL-2, CXCL-3 and IL-8 in response to epithelia-secreted IL-1. Carcinogenesis 30: 698-705.