- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 1
- Alias Symbols:
- Creb, Creb1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-186 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI CREB (pSer133)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Creb1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Creb1.
- The immunogen for anti-Creb1 antibody: synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within CREB which includes phosphorylated Ser133.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-Creb1 antibody - OASA07185
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- Western Blot: This product detects a band of approximately 45kDa in rat hippocampus lysates that had been incubated in the presence of forskolin.
* For the detection of phosphoproteins, serine phosphatase inhibitors such as 10mM Sodium Fluoride should be added to the sample buffer. Milk or other casein-based blocking solutions are not recommended as casein is a phosphoprotein and its use can result in high background.
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
0.01% - Bovine Serum Albumin
50% - Glycerol
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to phosphorylated rat CREB were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solutions: 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Target Reference:
- 1. Mayr, B.M. et al. (2001) Distinct effects of cAMP and mitogenic signals on CREB-binding protein recruitment impart specificity to target gene activation via CREB. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98: 10936 - 10941.
- Tips Information: