- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1B (muscle)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, muscle isoform
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CPT1-M, KIAA1670, M-CPT1, CPTI, CPT1M, MCPT1, CPTI-M, MCCPT1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20514 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene, a member of the carnitine/choline acetyltransferase family, is the rate-controlling enzyme of the long-chain fatty acid beta-oxidation pathway in muscle mitochondria. This enzyme is required for the net transport of long-
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CPT1B.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CPT1B.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CPT1B
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 86%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 93%; Zebrafish: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CPT1B (ARP46444_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: DLEMQFQRILDDPSPPQPGEEKLAALTAGGRVEWAQARQAFFSSGKNKAA
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CPT1B (ARP46444_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP46444 (Previous Catalog # AAPS18310)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CPT1B (ARP46444_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
CPT1B is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HT1080
Jiang, X; Ma, H; Li, C; Cao, Y; Wang, Y; Zhang, Y; Liu, Y; Effects of neonatal dexamethasone administration on cardiac recovery ability under ischemia-reperfusion in 24-wk-old rats. 80, 128-35 (2016). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 26991264
Li, X; Liu, Y; Ma, H; Guan, Y; Cao, Y; Tian, Y; Zhang, Y; Enhancement of Glucose Metabolism via PGC-1Î± Participates in the Cardioprotection of Chronic Intermittent Hypobaric Hypoxia. 7, 219 (2016). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 27375497
Wolf-Johnston, A. S. et al. Alterations in the non-neuronal acetylcholine synthesis and release machinery in esophageal epithelium. Life Sci. 91, 1065-9 (2012). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 22569297
Researcher: Dr. Pankaj Kumar Singh, UNMC, Omaha, NE
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: 1: 45ug human capan1 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||Used in different biochemical characterization.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5/5, Specific band.|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||No|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Almost correct.|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||We are planning to use it for some of the future experiments.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||At -20C in small aliquots.|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||Human, Pancreatic cancer cell line Capan1, 45 ug|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||1|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cells were lysed in RIPA buffer|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:1000, Overnight at 4C.|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||1:5000, 2 hour, RT.|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Beta-tubulin.|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||1- Prepared the 10 % SDS-PAGE gel.
2- Loaded 45 ug of total protein (Cell lysate) along with molecular weight markers.
3- Run the gel initially at 70V, till the dye reached up to the separating gel and then at 110V till the time dye reached to bottom.
4- Cut PVDF membrane to the same size of the gel. Soaked the membrane in 100% Methanol for 10sec then in water for 20 sec and finally 20 min in transfer buffer.
5- Arranged the Electro-transfer apparatus with gel-membrane sandwich and connected to the power supply at constant Amp (225 mA) for 1hour.
6- Disconnected the transfer apparatus and transferred the membrane in blocking solution [5% Skimmed in PBST (0.1%)] for 1 hour.
7- After blocking transferred the membrane in Primary antibody solution (1:1000 dilutions in PBST) and incubated at 4C for over-night.
8- Washed the membrane 3 times with PBST (0.1%) for 10 minutes each.
9- Incubated the membrane with respective secondary antibody (1:5000 dilutions in PBST) for 2 hour at room temperature.
10- Washed the membrane 3 times with PBST (0.1%) for 10 minutes each.
11- Developed the blots using standard protocol.