- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- ceruloplasmin (ferroxidase)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-135866 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a metalloprotein that binds most of the copper in plasma and is involved in the peroxidation of Fe(II)transferrin to Fe(III) transferrin. Mutations in this gene cause aceruloplasminemia, which results in iron accumulation and tissue damage, and is associated with diabetes and neurologic abnormalities. Two transcript variants, one protein-coding and the other not protein-coding, have been found for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 122 kDa
- Affinity purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CP.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CP
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: NKGAYPLSIEPIGVRFNKNNEGTYYSPNYNPQSRSVPPSASHVAPTETFT
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CP (ARP79530_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP79530
- Printable datasheet for anti-CP (ARP79530_P050) antibody
Submitted by: Anonymous
Sample type/lane description: Mouse immortalized astrocytes, media; HepG2 cells; mouse liver tissue; purified human ceruloplasmin. Samples either boiled or not boiled.
Lane 1: 17ug mouse immortalized astrocyte lysate
Lane 2: 17ug mouse immortalized astrocyte media
Lane 3: 17ug HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4: 17ug mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 5: 17ug purified human ceruloplasmin (40 ng)
Lane 6: 17ug mouse immortalized astrocyte lysate (boiled)
Lane 7: 17ug mouse immortalized astrocyte media (boiled)
Lane 8: 17ug HepG2 cell lysate (boiled)
Lane 9: 17ug mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 10: 17ug purified human ceruloplasmin (boiled, 40 ng)
Primary antibody dilution: 1:500
Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat anti-rabbit HRP, 1:4000.
1. Samples were either boiled at 95 °C for 5 min or not before running on 4-12% gradient NuPAGE gels.
2. Samples were run at 150 V for 90 min
3. Gels were soaked in 20% ethanol for 10 min before proteins were transferred to nitrocellulose membranes using the iBlot2 dry blotting system and transfer packs.
4. Membranes were blocked in 5% skim milk for 1 hour at room temperature.
5. Primary antibody incubations were performed overnight at 4 °C.
6. Membranes were rinsed with TBST and secondary antibodies applied for 1 hour at room temperature
7. Membranes were rinsed with TBST multiple times and then every 15 min over a 45 minute period
8. Membranes were covered in chemiluminescence reagent and exposed for 4 min