- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Cytochrome c oxidase, subunit VI a, polypeptide 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A, mitochondrial RuleBase RU004397
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-142527 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The function of this protein remains unknown.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Cox6a1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Cox6a1.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 93%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 93%; Zebrafish: 79%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-Cox6a1 (ARP41557_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: FLKSRHEEHERPPFVAYPHLRIRTKPFPWGDGNHTLFHNPHVNPLPTGYE
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-Cox6a1 (ARP41557_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP41557
- Printable datasheet for anti-Cox6a1 (ARP41557_P050) antibody
- 6A1, mitochondrial
1. Sample type/lane description: C2C12 cell line (mouse myoblast cells); HEK293T cell line (human embryonic kidney cells)
Lane 1: 2% C2C12 cell lysate
Lane 2: 2% HEK293T cell lysate
2. Primary antibody dilution: 1:200 antibody dilution in 5% milk (non-fat powdered milk) in 0.1% Triton-X100 in 1X PBS.
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat Anti-Rabbit Peroxidase - 1:500 antibody dilution in 5% milk (non-fat powdered milk) in 0.1% Triton-X100 in 1X PBS.
Overall this antibody seems to work relatively well in that it detects COX6A1 in HEK293T cells. However, almost no COX6A1 should be present in the C2C12 sample. Therefore, it does not work well for accurately assessing quantity of COX6A1 protein present and it may not be isoform specific to COX6A1 but may instead detect COX6A2 (~11kD) as well as it seems to detect a band in C2C12 cells.