Now Offering Over 102,157 Antibodies & 44,722 Antigens!

COX4I1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP42784_T100)

100 ul
$249.00
In Stock

Conjugation Options

ARP42784_T100-FITC Conjugated

ARP42784_T100-HRP Conjugated

ARP42784_T100-Biotin Conjugated

Gene Symbol:
COX4I1
NCBI Gene Id:
Official Gene Full Name:
Cytochrome c oxidase subunit IV isoform 1
Protein Name:
Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4 isoform 1, mitochondrial
Swissprot Id:
P13073
Protein Accession #:
NP_001852
Nucleotide Accession #:
NM_001861
Alias Symbols:
COX4, COXIV, MGC72016, COX4-1
Replacement Item:
This antibody may replace item sc-292052 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
Description of Target:
Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is the terminal enzyme of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. It is a multi-subunit enzyme complex that couples the transfer of electrons from cytochrome c to molecular oxygen and contributes to a proton electrochemical gradient across the inner mitochondrial membrane. The complex consists of 13 mitochondrial- and nuclear-encoded subunits. The mitochondrially-encoded subunits perform the electron transfer and proton pumping activities. The functions of the nuclear-encoded subunits are unknown but they may play a role in the regulation and assembly of the complex. COX4I1 is the nuclear-encoded subunit IV isoform 1 of the human mitochondrial respiratory chain enzyme.Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is the terminal enzyme of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. It is a multi-subunit enzyme complex that couples the transfer of electrons from cytochrome c to molecular oxygen and contributes to a proton electrochemical gradient across the inner mitochondrial membrane. The complex consists of 13 mitochondrial- and nuclear-encoded subunits. The mitochondrially-encoded subunits perform the electron transfer and proton pumping activities. The functions of the nuclear-encoded subunits are unknown but they may play a role in the regulation and assembly of the complex. This gene encodes the nuclear-encoded subunit IV isoform 1 of the human mitochondrial respiratory chain enzyme. It is located at the 3' of the NOC4 (neighbor of COX4) gene in a head-to-head orientation, and shares a promoter with it.
Protein Size (# AA):
Molecular Weight:
19kDa
Host:
Rabbit
Clonality:
Polyclonal
Purification:
Protein A purified
Application:
IHC, WB
Tissue Tool:
Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express COX4I1.
RNA Seq:
Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express COX4I1.
Immunogen:
The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human COX4I1
Species Reactivity:
Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
Cow: 86%; Dog: 86%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Horse: 86%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 85%; Rabbit: 86%; Rat: 86%
Complete computational species homology data:
Anti-COX4I1 (ARP42784_T100)
Peptide Sequence:
Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AISTSVCVRAHESVVKSEDFSLPAYMDRRDHPLPEVAHVKHLSASQKALK
Product Format:
Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
Reconstitution and Storage:
For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Concentration:
Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
Protein Interactions:
SDCBP; COX1; env; APP; UBC; ICT1; TMBIM4; NELFCD;
Blocking Peptide:
For anti-COX4I1 (ARP42784_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP42784 (Previous Catalog # AAPS10110)
Datasheets/Manuals:
Printable datasheet for anti-COX4I1 (ARP42784_T100) antibody
Sample Type Confirmation:

COX4I1 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HepG2

Subunit:
4 isoform 1, mitochondrial
Target Reference:
Williams,S.L., (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279 (9), 7462-7469
Publications:

Snyder, A. M. et al. Mitochondrial ferritin in the substantia nigra in restless legs syndrome. J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 68, 1193-9 (2009). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat 19816198

Geerling, J. J. et al. Metformin lowers plasma triglycerides by promoting VLDL-triglyceride clearance by brown adipose tissue in mice. Diabetes 63, 880-91 (2014). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat 24270984

Average Rating:
1 review
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
  • Date - Newest First
  • Date - Newest First
  • Date - Latest First
  • Highest Rated
  • Lowest Rated
  • Most Helpful
  • Ownership

1 Item(s)

02/01/2017 16:23
  • Overall Experience:
  • Quality:
Product Review: COX4I1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP42784_T100) in HeLa cell, 293T cell and MDA-MB-231 Human breast carcinoma cell line using Western blot
Product page for COX4I1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP42784_T100)

Researcher: David Colecchia, Ph.D, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Core Research Laboratory, presso Fondazione Toscana Life Sciences
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 50ug HeLa lysate Lane 2: 50ug 293T lysate Lane 3: 50ug K562 lysate Lane 4: 50ug MDA-MB-231 lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000

Questionnaire:
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals? It works as good by WB.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why? 5, well it works well on endogenous proteins.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments? Yes
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application? Yes
Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct? Yes
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not? Yes, because signal is clean
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension? Frozen at -20 degree C
Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel): Human cancer cell line: Hela, 293T, K562, MDA-231. 50 micrograms per lane.
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample? Three
How was this sample prepared? Cells were harvested in PBS and lysed in Ripa buffer. Lysates were cleared by centrifugation at 15000g for 10 minutes. Then lysates were quantified by Bradford. Laemmli 5X was added to each sample  of 50 ug of protein and was boiled and loaded.
Primary antibody dilution and incubation time: 1:200 in TBS-Tween 0.1% and milk 5%. 2 hours
Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time: Anti-rabbit-HRP (Santacruz, sc-2000) 1:1000. 1 hour.
What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)? Human cancer cell lines
Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here: Protein electrophoresis on SDS-PAGE 8% gel. Tranfer wet 1 hour at 400 mA at 4 degree C on PVDF membrane. Wash in TBS-T 5 minutes. Blocking o/n in 5% milk TBS-T with agitation at 4 degree C. Primary Antibody for 2 hours. 4 washes in TBS-T for 5 minutes. Secondary Antibody for 1 hour. 4 washes in TBS-T for 5 minutes. ECL used for chemioluminescence.
Show more comments (-2) Hide comments

1 Item(s)

What kind of abuse are you reporting?
    Please, wait...