- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- contactin 1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-136133 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IHC, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CNTN1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CNTN1.
- Synthetic peptide amino acids 21-37
extracellular domain of rat
contactin, accession number
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00223
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects ~120kDa.
- Scientific Background: Contactin/F3, a cell adhesion molecule, is a glycosylphospatidylinositol
(GPI)-anchored protein that is expressed
in neurons and glia (3). It has been shown to interact with
and enhance surface expression of sodium channels Nav1.2
and Nav1.9. Other studies suggest that contactin
co-immunoprecipitates with Nav1.3 (3).
- Certificate of Analysis: 1 ug/mL was sufficient for detection of Contactin/F3 in 20ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA.
3. Shaw B.S., et al. (2004) J Neurosci. 24(33): 7387-7399.