- Printable datasheet for OKRA00015
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- This kit is stable for at least one year when stored at +4 C. Individual components are stable for 3-4 weeks after dilution when stored at +4 C.
- Application Info:
- Aviva's MaxTag? western blotting kit provides a rapid, sensitive, and economical way to develop western blots. The design of this kit simplifies the process of western blotting applications. Straightforward procedures and color-coding add to the ease of use. Two substrates are provided for flexibility, TMB substrate producing a bright blue color and DAB substrate producing a dark brown color. This kit can process up to 40 blots (100 cm2) and is stable for at least 1 year when stored at +4 C.
- Label: Unconjugated
Preservative: Wash buffers MUST NOT contain SODIUM AZIDE or other inhibitors of peroxidase activity!
- Description: This western blotting kit allows for the detection of primary goat polyclonal antibody provided by the user. After protein separation and transfer, the membrane is probed with primary antibody. The first step in the detection of the membrane bound primary antibody-antigen complex is the addition of a secondary antibody that has been affinity purified, cross-adsorbed, and biotinylated. This biotinylated secondary antibody is visualized after reaction with streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate and subsequent addition of either TMB or DAB substrates. The increased sensitivity and low background achieved by Aviva' MaxTag Western Blotting Kit relies on the use of an enhanced streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate and a highly active biotinylated antibody. The streptavidin carries a neutral charge and fewer carbohydrate groups than positively charged avidin. The biotin incorporates a "spacer" group that allows for better accessibility of the streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate.
- Tips Information: