- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- collagen type I alpha 2 chain
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Alpha-2 type I collagen, Collagen alpha-2(I) chain
- Description of Target:
- Type I collagen is a member of group I collagen (fibrillar forming collagen).
- Protein Name:
- collagen alpha-2(I) chain
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids
- < 6.3 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.62-1,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level COL1A2 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level COL1A2 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology COL1A2 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD00157) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for COL1A2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for COL1A2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample COL1A2captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-COL1A2 Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips) COL1A2 Lyophilized Standard 2 x 1 ng 100X Biotinylated COL1A2 Detector Antibody 120 uL Avidin/HRP Conjugate 120 uL Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 9 mL Stop Solution 1 x 6 mL
- Kit Linearity:
Sample 1:2 Dilution 1:4 Dilution 1:8 Dilution 1:16 Dilution serum(n=5) 89-96% 84-101% 80-92% 78-94% EDTA plasma(n=5) 88-102% 81-103% 85-101% 85-94% heparin plasma(n=5) 79-97% 79-92% 81-103% 94-101%
- Kit Recovery:
Matrix Recovery Range (%) Average (%) serum(n=5) 81-91 85 EDTA plasma(n=5) 82-95 90 heparin plasma(n=5) 91-101 97
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express COL1A2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express COL1A2.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Collagen Type I Alpha 2 (COL1a2). No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Collagen Type I Alpha 2 (COL1a2) and analogues was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information:
Ernst Reichenberger, PhD
UConn Health (UCH)
1. What sample types were used with this kit?
We used cell culture supernatants from fibroblasts treated with and without TGF-b1.
2. Were these samples validated or characterized as positive and/or negative controls?
Samples were validated as functional fibroblasts.
3. What dilution worked for your samples?
We didn’t dilute the cell culture supernatant.
4. Please provide a brief summary of your sample preparation method:
Cell culture supernatants from fibroblasts were collected with or without stimulus for Col1A2 production and centrifuged to remove any particulates and stored at <80C until used for the assay.