- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Collagen, type I, alpha 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-125157 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes the pro-alpha1 chains of type I collagen whose triple helix comprises two alpha1 chains and one alpha2 chain. Type I is a fibril-forming collagen found in most connective tissues and is abundant in bone, cornea, dermis and tendon. Mutations in this gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta types I-IV, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIIA, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Classical type, Caffey Disease and idiopathic osteoporosis. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 17 and 22, where this gene and the gene for platelet-derived growth factor beta are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, resulting from unregulated expression of the growth factor. Two transcripts, resulting from the use of alternate polyadenylation signals, have been identified for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express COL1A1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express COL1A1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human COL1A1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-COL1A1 (ARP59998_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: YRADDANVVRDRDLEVDTTLKSLSQQIENIRSPEGSRKNPARTCRDLKMC
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- PDGFB; PDGFA; COL1A2; COL1A1; CAPN1; UBC; BRCA1; BARD1; C12orf57; RNH1; ATP13A2; ELAVL1; ACHE; TMPRSS6; P4HB; PAK1; HTRA1; MATN2; PRELP; TGFBI; BGN; VWF; ITGA2; DDR2; THBS1; TXN; SPARC; CD36; FGF7; IGFBP3; ITGA5; FN1; NID1; DCN; CD93; MMP9; MMP2; COL7A1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-COL1A1 (ARP59998_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP59998 (Previous Catalog # AAPP46152)
- Printable datasheet for anti-COL1A1 (ARP59998_P050) antibody
Thomas Thatcher, Ph.D.
University of Rochester
1. Sample type: Primary human lung fibroblasts treated with TGFB for 3 days. Primary human lung fibroblasts treated with TGFB to induce collagen expression and transfected with siRNA.
2. Primary antibody concentration: 1ug/ml. Overnight 4˚ in 5% NFDM
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat anti-Rabbit. 1:2000, 1:5000 in 5% NFDM for 1 hr at room temp.
1. PVDF membrane
2. Blocked in 5% NFDM in TBS-T for 30 minutes