- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- REST corepressor 1
- Description of Target:
- The RCOR1 gene encodes a functional corepressor required for regulation of neural-specific gene expression (1). Co-Rest (corepressor for element-1-silencing transcription factor) is the primary cofactor of Rest, and recruits additional epigenetic factors similarly associated with gene activation and repression (2). Co-rest has been found to be an essential component of the repression mechanism used to block expression of type II sodium channel reporter genes in non-neuronal cell types (2). It has also been demonstrated that the corepressor function of Co-REST depends on an HDAC1/2-interacting region containing a SANT domain (3).
- Molecular Weight:
- ~66-80kDa (Depending on gel system used)
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IP, ICC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RCOR1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RCOR1.
- Fusion protein amino acids 109-293 of human Co-Rest. Includes ELM2 and SANT domains.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. In PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00222
- Application Info:
- Recommended Dilutions:
IHC/ICC ~ 0.1-1ug/mL
- Certificate of Analysis: 1ug/mL was sufficient for detection of Co-Rest/RCOR1 in 20ug of Co-Rest transiently transfected COS cell lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Target Reference:
- 1."Entrez Gene: RCOR1 Rest corepressor 1.
2. Andrews M.E., et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 96(17): 9873-9878.
3. You A., Tong J.K., Grozinger C.M., and Schreiber S.L. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 98(4): 1454-1458.
- Tips Information: