- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-13996 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI RAT CNTF
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Cntf.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Cntf.
- The immunogen for anti-Cntf antibody: recombinant rat CNTF
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water.
The addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended for long term storage.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide.
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-Cntf antibody - OASA08629
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used in a sandwich ELISA with This product B as a detection reagent.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to rat CNTF were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Fischer, D. et al. (1) Crystallins of the beta/gamma-superfamily mimic the effects of lens injury and promote axon regeneration. Mol Cell Neurosci. 37: 471-9.
- Tips Information: