- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AAG4, APOJ, CLI, KUB1, MGC24903, SGP-2, SGP2, SP-40, TRPM-2, TRPM2, aging-associated protein 4|apolipoprotein J|clusterin (complement lysis inhibitor, SP-40,40, sulfated glycoprotein 2, testosterone
- Description of Target:
- Functions as extracellular chaperone that prevents aggregation of nonnative proteins. Prevents stress-induced aggregation of blood plasma proteins. Inhibits formation of amyloid fibrils by APP, APOC2, B2M, CALCA, CSN3, SNCA and aggregation-prone LYZ variants (in vitro). Does not require ATP. Maintains partially unfolded proteins in a state appropriate for subsequent refolding by other chaperones, such as HSPA8/HSC70. Does not refold proteins by itself. Binding to cell surface receptors triggers internalization of the chaperone-client complex and subsequent lysosomal or proteasomal degradation. When secreted, protects cells against apoptosis and against cytolysis by complement. Intracellular forms interact with ubiquitin and SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes and promote the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Promotes proteasomal degradation of COMMD1 and IKBKB. Modulates NF-kappa-B transcriptional activity. Promotes apoptosis when in the nucleus. Inhibits apoptosis when associated with the mitochondrial membrane by interference with BAX-dependent release of cytochrome c into the cytoplasm. Plays a role in the regulation of cell proliferation.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- 3.9 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1,000 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level OKCA01060 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level OKCA01060 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <8%
Inter-Assay CV: <10%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CLU ELISA Kit (Horse) (OKCA01060) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for CLU has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for CLU is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample CLU captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|CLU Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|CLU Lyophilized Standard||2 x 1 ug|
|100X Biotinylated CLU Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 50 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 15 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 15 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Dilution||Mean Recovery (%)||Range (%)|
- Kit Recovery:
|Sample||Mean Recovery (%)||Range (%)|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||102||95-107|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CLU.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CLU.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sanadwich ELISA