- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Chloride intracellular channel 1
- Protein Name:
- Chloride intracellular channel protein 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- G6, NCC27
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-271051 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Chloride intracellular channel 1 is a member of the p64 family, a diverse group of proteins that regulate fundamental cellular processes including stabilization of cell membrane potential, transepithelial transport, maintenance of intracellular pH, and regulation of cell volume. CLIon Channel1 encodes a protein that localizes principally to the cell nucleus and exhibits both nuclear and plasma membrane chloride ion channel activity.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CLIC1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CLIC1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human CLIC1
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Goat: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CLIC1 (ARP35045_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GQLPFLLYGTEVHTDTNKIEEFLEAVLCPPRYPKLAALNPESNTAGLDIF
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; PSMD10; SUMO2; SUMO1; NEDD8; FBXO6; ZNF302; NUP62; PRDX4; IKBKG; ZNF184; VCAM1; THRA; RPLP1; NTF4; ITGA4; FN1; ATF2; CPT1A; ATP6V0A1; ATP6V0C; ATP5F1; ALOX5AP; GRK5; MYOC; CDK2; ISG15; ARRB2; SUMO4; LSM1; AKAP9; TRAPPC2;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CLIC1 (ARP35045_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP35045 (Previous Catalog # AAPP06272)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CLIC1 (ARP35045_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Novarino,G., et al., (2004) J. Neurosci. 24 (23), 5322-5330
Yang, J.-Y. et al. Chloride intracellular channel 1 regulates osteoblast differentiation. Bone 45, 1175-85 (2009). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 19703605
Researcher: Dr. JUNMING FAN,ECU
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 30ug mouse renal epithelial lysate Lane 2: 30ug mouse renal epithelial lysate Lane 3: 30ug mouse renal epithelial lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:500
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:2500
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||To compare expression levels of a given protein between WT and KO renal epithelial cells.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5; The band is clear and there is no nonspecific band. However, the staining pattern is different from ARP35044 which recognizes the same CLIC1 protein.|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes. The band is clear and there is no nonspecific band.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||Aliquot and store at -20C.|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||MICE;RENAL EPITHELIAL CELLS;30 ug total protein/LANE|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||4|
|How was this sample prepared?||Confluent cells were washed three times in PBS and then lysed in RIPA buffer (1% Triton X-100, 0.5% sodium deoxycholate, 0.2% SDS, 150 mM NaCl, 10 mM Hepes, pH 7.3, 2 mM EDTA, and protease inhibitor mixture; Pierce). The lysates were homogenized on ice by passing 20 times through a 22-gauge needle and centrifuged at 15,000 g for 15 minutes at 4C. The total protein concentration of each sample was measured using the BCA protein assay kit (Pierce, Rockford, IL, USA).|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:500; overnight at 4C.|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||1:2500;RT FOR ONE HOUR.|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||NO|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||1) Confluent cells were homogenized with RIPA buffer.
2) 30 ug of total protein with the Nupage sample buffer were loaded and run with 12% Nupage Gel (200V for 35 minutes).
3) The membrane was blocked in 5% non-fat dried milk, RT, 1 hour.
4) The membrane was incubated with respective primary antibody overnight at 4C.
5) The membrane was washed and then incubated with appropriate secondary antibody (1:2500) , RT, 1 hour.
6) After washing, the signals were detected by ECL.
(Molecular mass was determined relative to protein markers (BioRad).)