- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Yeast
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Claudin 7
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CEPTRL2, CPETRL2, Hs.84359, claudin-1, CLDN-7
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-17670 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Claudins, such as CLDN7, are involved in the formation of tight junctions between epithelial cells. Tight junctions restrict lateral diffusion of lipids and membrane proteins, and thereby physically define the border between the apical and basolateral compartments of epithelial cells.Claudins, such as CLDN7, are involved in the formation of tight junctions between epithelial cells. Tight junctions restrict lateral diffusion of lipids and membrane proteins, and thereby physically define the border between the apical and basolateral compartments of epithelial cells (Zheng et al., 2003 [PubMed 14502431]).[supplied by OMIM]. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CLDN7.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CLDN7.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CLDN7
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 79%; Dog: 79%; Horse: 79%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 79%; Rabbit: 86%; Rat: 93%; Sheep: 79%; Yeast: 77%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CLDN7 (ARP33613_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GPAIFIGWAGSALVILGGALLSCSCPGNESKAGYRVPRSYPKSNSSKEYV
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- SYNE4; HGD; LNX1; UBC; TJP1; RHOXF2; EPCAM;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CLDN7 (ARP33613_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP33613 (Previous Catalog # AAPP04669)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CLDN7 (ARP33613_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Kleinberg,L., (2008) Hum. Pathol. 39 (5), 747-757
“The band looks fine and clear”
1. Sample type: Human lung cancer cell line
Lane 1: 15ug human lung cancer cell line (control)
Lane 2: 15ug human lung cancer cell line (KD1)
Lane 3: 15ug human lung cancer cell line (KD2)
2. Sample preparation methods: Confluent cells were washed three times in PBS and then lysed in RIPA buffer (1% Triton X-100, 0.5% sodium deoxycholate, 0.2% SDS, 150 mM NaCl, 10 mM Hepes, pH 7.3, 2 mM EDTA, and protease inhibitor mixture; Pierce). The lysates were homogenized on ice by passing 20 times through a 22-gauge needle and centrifuged at 15000g for 15 min at 4 deg C. The total protein concentration of each sample was measured during the BCA protein assay kit.
3. Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000; overnight at 4 deg C.
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:2500; RT for 1 hour.
1) Confluent cells were homogenized with RIPA buffer
2) 15 ug of total protein with the 10* sample buffer were loaded and run with 12% Tris Gel (135V for 90 minutes)
3) The membrane was blocked in 5% non-fat dried milk, RT, 1 hour
4) The membrane was incubated with respective primary antibody overnight at 4C
5) The membrane was washed and then incubated with appropriate secondary antibody (1:2500), RT, 1 hour