- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- ASRT7, DKFZp686N19119, FLJ38139, GP39, HC-gp39, HCGP-3P, YKL40, YYL-40, chitinase 3-like 1
- Description of Target:
- Carbohydrate-binding lectin with a preference for chitin. Has no chitinase activity. May play a role in tissue remodeling and in the capacity of cells to respond to and cope with changes in their environment. Plays a role in T-helper cell type 2 (Th2) inflammatory response and IL-13-induced inflammation, regulating allergen sensitization, inflammatory cell apoptosis, dendritic cell accumulation and M2 macrophage differentiation. Facilitates invasion of pathogenic enteric bacteria into colonic mucosa and lymphoid organs. Mediates activation of AKT1 signaling pathway and subsequent IL8 production in colonic epithelial cells. Regulates antibacterial responses in lung by contributing to macrophage bacterial killing, controlling bacterial dissemination and augmenting host tolerance. Also regulates hyperoxia-induced injury, inflammation and epithelial apoptosis in lung. Stimulates migration and adhesion of cultured vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Protein Name:
- Chitinase-3-like protein 1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- 3.12 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 12.5 - 800 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-Assay: CV <12% (n=20)
Mean Inter-Assay: CV <15% (n=24)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CHI3L1 ELISA Kit (Pig) (OKCA02487) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for CHI3L1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for CHI3L1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample or standard CHI3L1 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|CHI3L1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|CHI3L1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated CHI3L1 Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 10 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 10 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Dilution||Mean Recovery (%)||Range (%)|
- Kit Recovery:
|Sample Type||Mean Recovery (%)||Range (%)|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||92||88-97|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CHI3L1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CHI3L1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay