- Official Gene Full Name:
- chromogranin A
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- CgA, Chromogranin-A
- Description of Target:
- Pancreastatin: Strongly inhibits glucose induced insulin release from the pancreas. Catestatin inhibits catecholamine release from chromaffin cells and noradrenergic neurons by acting as a non-competitive nicotinic cholinergic antagonist. Can induce mast cell migration, degranulation and production of cytokines and chemokines.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 0.078 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10 ng/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CHGA ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03318) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Chga has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and incubated.After washing, a biotinylated detector antibody specific for Chga is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Chga captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Chga Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Chga Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated Chga Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Chga.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Chga.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural rat CgA. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay