- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- complement factor B
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AHUS4, BF, BFD, C3/C5 convertase, CFAB, Complement factor B, FB, FBI12, GBG, Glycine-rich beta glycoprotein, H2-Bf, PBF2, Properdin factor B
- Description of Target:
- Factor B which is part of the alternate pathway of the complement system is cleaved by factor D into 2 fragments: Ba and Bb. Bb, a serine protease, then combines with complement factor 3b to generate the C3 or C5 convertase. It has also been implicated in proliferation and differentiation of preactivated B-lymphocytes, rapid spreading of peripheral blood monocytes, stimulation of lymphocyte blastogenesis and lysis of erythrocytes. Ba inhibits the proliferation of preactivated B-lymphocytes.
- Protein Name:
- Complement factor B
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 0.625 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.4% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 7.6% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology CFB ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH01427) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for CFB has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for CFB is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample CFB captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount CFB Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips) CFB Lyophilized Standard 2 100X Biotinylated CFB Detector Antibody 1 x 120 uL 100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate 1 x 120 uL Sample Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 25X Wash Buffer 1 x 30 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 10 mL Stop Solution 1 x 10 mL
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 86%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CFB.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CFB.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human CFB. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay
- Molecular Weight:
- 86 kDa
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information:
This is Jieun Park in South Korea.
We purchased Aviva's CFB ELISA kit to measure human CFB levels in plasma.
After a preilminary study to confirm the dilution factor, we set dilution factors as 1:30,000.
Due to the dilution factor, we request more sample diluent (they only provided 1X sample diluent, 10ml) and Aviva provide it.
So, we could finish the test and thankfully get results as we expected.
Thank you for all your support :)