- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4
- Alias Symbols:
- p55, W3/25, Cd4
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1140 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI RAT CD4 (DOMAIN 1)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- IHC-P, IHC-F, FC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Cd4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Cd4.
- Rat Thymocyte Membrane Glycoproteins
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4C for one month or at -20C for longer.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Shelf Life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
- Printable datasheet for anti-Cd4 antibody - OASA03956
- Mouse anti Rat CD4 antibody, clone W3/25 recognizes the rat CD4 cell surface glycoprotein. This antibody inhibits proliferation and IL-2 production in the MLR reaction.
- Application Info:
- FC 1/100 - 1/200; Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
IHC-P PLP fixation is recommended for optimal results, see Whiteland et al. for details
- Additional Information:
- Fusion Partners: Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the NS-1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Williams, A.F. et al. (1977) Analysis of cell surfaces by xenogeneic myeloma-hybrid antibodies: differentiation antigens of rat lymphocytes. Cell. 12: 663-673.
2. Barclay, A.N. (1981) The localization of populations defined by monoclonal antibodies in rat lymphoid tissues. Immunology. 42: 593-600.
3. Whiteland, J.L. et al. (1995) Immunohistochemical detection of T-cell subsets and other leukocytes in paraffin-embedded rat and mouse tissues with monoclonal antibodies. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 43: 313-320.
4. Pelegr, C.et al. (1995) Immunohistochemical changes in synovial tissue during the course of adjuvant arthritis. J. Rheumatol. 22: 124-132.
5. Hofmann, N. et al. (2002) Increased expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, MCP-1, and MIP-1alpha by spinal perivascular macrophages during experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in rats. BMC Immunol. 3: 11.
6. Zilka, N. et al. (2009) Human misfolded truncated tau protein promotes activation of microglia and