- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Antigen AC133, Prominin-like protein 1, CD_antigen=CD133
- Description of Target:
- CD133, is a glycoprotein also known in humans and rodents as Prominin 1 (PROM1).1 It is the founding member of pentaspan transmembrane glycoproteins (5-transmembrane, 5-TM), which specifically localizes to cellular protrusions. The gene of CD133 is located in 4p15.3. And most of the CD133 gene is contained in 23 exons distributed over more than 50 kb of genomic sequence.2 CD133 is expressed in hematopoietic stem cells, endothelial progenitor cells, glioblastomas, neuronal and glial stem cells and some other cell types.3,4
- Immunogen affinity purified.
- WB, IHC-P
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminal of human CD133 (171-191aa, NHQVRTRIKRSRKLADSNFKD).
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml.
Storage: At -20C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20C for a longer time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Printable datasheet for OABB00229
- No cross reactivity with other proteins.
- Application Info:
- WB: 0.1-0.5ug/ml; Tested Species: Human
IHC-P: 0.5-1ug/ml; Antigen Retrieval: Enzyme Digestion. Tested Species: Human, Rat
- Target Reference:
- 1. Corbeil D, Fargeas C, Huttner W (2001). "Rat prominin, like its mouse and human orthologues, is a pentaspan membrane glycoprotein". Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285 (4): 939-44.
2. Maw, M. A.; Corbeil, D.. Koch, J.; Hellwig, A.; Wilson-Wheeler, J. C.; Bridges, R. J, Kumaramanickavel, G.; John, S.; Nancarrow, D.,Roper, K., Weigmann, A,Huttner, W. B.; Denton, M. J. : A frameshift mutation in prominin (mouse)-like 1 causes human retinal degeneration. Hum. Molec. Genet. 9: 27-34, 2000.
3. Corbeil D, Roper K, Hellwig A, Tavian M, Miraglia S, Watt S, Simmons P, Peault B, Buck D, Huttner W (2000). "The human AC133 hematopoietic stem cell antigen is also expressed in epithelial cells and targeted to plasma membrane protrusions". J Biol Chem 275 (8): 5512-20.
4. Shmelkov S, St Clair R, Lyden D, Rafii S (2005). "AC133/CD133/Prominin-1". Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37 (4): 715-9.
Maleklou, N; Allameh, A; Kazemi, B; Targeted delivery of vitamin D3-loaded nanoparticles to C6 glioma cell line increased resistance to doxorubicin, epirubicin, and docetaxel in vitro. 52, 989-1000 (2016). WB, IHC-P, Human, Mouse, Rat 27503515
- Tips Information: