- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20937 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Cholecystokinin (CCK) is a brain/gut peptide. In the gut, it induces the release of pancreatic enzymes and the contraction of the gallbladder. In the brain, its physiologic role is unclear. The cholecystokinin pro-hormone is processed by endo- and exo-proteolytic cleavages.Cholecystokinin is a brain/gut peptide. In the gut, it induces the release of pancreatic enzymes and the contraction of the gallbladder. In the brain, its physiologic role is unclear. The cholecystokinin pro-hormone is processed by endo- and exo-proteolytic cleavages. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CCK.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CCK.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CCK
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 86%; Dog: 93%; Guinea Pig: 79%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 92%; Pig: 86%; Rabbit: 86%; Rat: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CCK (ARP33849_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: IQQARKAPSGRMSIVKNLQNLDPSHRISDRDYMGWMDFGRRSAEEYEYPS
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; CCKBR; CCKAR; CPE; ENPEP; MEP1B; MEP1A;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CCK (ARP33849_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP33849 (Previous Catalog # AAPP04920)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CCK (ARP33849_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Lei,Z.M., (2008) HBPD INT 7 (1), 65-69
Talchai, C., Xuan, S., Kitamura, T., DePinho, R. A. & Accili, D. Generation of functional insulin-producing cells in the gut by Foxo1 ablation. Nat. Genet. 44, 406-12, S1 (2012). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 22406641
Celine Plachez, PhD
University of Maryland, Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Mouse Brain (frozen sections)
2. Fixation method: Perfusion fixation; Saline then 4% PFA.
3. Antigen retrieval method: None.
4. Primary antibody dilution: 1:2500 dilution
5. Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:500, 2 hr incubation.
6. Stain: Nickel DAB
1. Perfusion with Saline then 4% PFA
2. Cryo-protection in 30% sucrose. 50um section using cryostat.
3. Blocking: 1% BSA, 1% normal serum*, in TBST, 1 hour at room temp. (Primary Antibody diluted (1:2500) in the blocking solution overnight at room temp
4. Wash 3 X 5minutes with TBST
5. Secondary antibody diluted in TBST, 2hr at room temp
6. Wash 3 X 5 Minutes with TBST
7. for fluorescent secondary antibody we mounted the sections onto slides at that point.
8. Nickel DAB Staining:
a. ABC incubation, (1/500 of A + 1/500 of B) in TBST, 1hr room temp
b. Wash 3 X 5 Minutes with TBST
c. Nickel DAB
d. Wash 3 X 5 Minutes with TBST
e. Mount sections on slide
f. Dehydrate and DPX mounting media.