- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- contactin associated protein 1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-41916 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Scientific Background: Caspr (contactin-associated protein) is a part of the neurexin family. It lies in the paranodal section of the myelin sheath.Its role is for myelin sheath attachment along with contactin in a cis-complex (3). Caspr and Caspr2 regulate the formation of distinct axonal domains around the nodes of Ranvier. Caspr is required for the generation of a membrane barrier at the paranodal junction, whereas Caspr serves as a membrane scaffold that clusters Kv1 channels at the juxtaparanodal region. Both interact with protein 4.1B (4).
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IHC, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CNTNAP1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CNTNAP1.
- Fusion protein 1308-1381 (cytoplasmic domain) of rat CASPR, accession number
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00218
- Application Info:
- Application Data:
- Background Info: Detects ~220kDa.
- Certificate of Analysis: 1 ug/mL was sufficient for detection of CASPR in 20ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol, 0.09% sodium azide
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA.,
4. Horresh I., Bar V., Kissil J.L., and Peles E. (2010) J.Neurosci. 30(7): 2480-2489.