- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Caspase 5, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- ICE(rel)III, ICEREL-III, ICH-3, MGC141966
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1780 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce two subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme. Overexpression of the active form of this enzyme induces apoptosis in fibroblasts. Max, a central component of the Myc/Max/Mad transcription regulation network important for cell growth, differentiation, and apoptosis, is cleaved by this protein; this process requires Fas-mediated dephosphorylation of Max. The expression of this gene is regulated by interferon-gamma and lipopolysaccharide. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been identified for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- WB, FC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CASP5.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CASP5.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CASP5
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Guinea Pig, Human
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 83%; Guinea Pig: 82%; Human: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CASP5 (ARP58992_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: VIIVQACRGEKHGELWVRDSPASLALISSQSSENLEADSVCKIHEEKDFI
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- PPHLN1; NLRP1; CASP5; MAX;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CASP5 (ARP58992_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP58992 (Previous Catalog # AAPP44959)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CASP5 (ARP58992_P050) antibody
"Aviva CASP5 antibody was working nicely for flow cytometry. We validated this with CHO cells transfected with CASP5 and a colorectal cell line HCT116 with and without IFNy (we saw one qPCR that only IFNy induced CASP5 and this we also saw on the flow)."
1. Sample type: Colorectal cell line HCT116 cells O/N treated with IFNγ or untreated.
2. Primary antibody dilution: Intracellular labeling using the FOXP3 Buffer Set. 1:100 (5ug/ml) for 30 minutes at RT.
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: GαRb IgG alexa647; 1:400.
4. What controls were used in your experiment: CHO cells transfected with CASP5 and without CASP5.
5. How did you store the antibody after resuspension: It was already resuspended and we kept it in the -20C.
6. How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample? 1