- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Calcitonin/calcitonin-related polypeptide, alpha
- Alias Symbols:
- Alpha CGRP, Alpha-type CGRP, CA, Calc, Calc1, calcitonin, Calcitonin, Calcitonin gene-related peptide 1, Calcitonin gene-related peptide I, Cgrp, CGRP1, CGRP-1, CGRP-I, Ct, CT, Ctn
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide 1
- Description of Target:
- CGRP induces vasodilation. It dilates a variety of vessels including the coronary, cerebral and systemic vasculature. Its abundance in the CNS also points toward a neurotransmitter or neuromodulator role. It also elevates platelet cAMP.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma and other biological fluids
- 15.78 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 31.2 - 2000pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Three samples concentrations were measured in replicate within an assay plate and across replicate assays to assess Intra- and Mean Inter-Assay Precision.
Mean Intra-Assay Precision - <4.6%, n = 20
Mean Inter-Assay Precision - <7.8%, n = 20
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Calca ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH05611) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Calca has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Calca is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Calca captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|CALCA Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|CALCA Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated CALCA Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into Serum and Plasma = 105.5%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CALCA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CALCA.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Mouse Calcitonin gene-related peptide 1