- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 7
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- BMP-7, Bmp7
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-34766 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The function of Bmp7 remains unknown.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BMP7.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BMP7.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of Rat
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 93%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 93%; Rabbit: 92%; Rat: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-Bmp7 (ARP32328_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: MVAFFKATEVHLRSIRSTGGKQRSQNRSKTPKNQEALRMASVAENSSSDQ
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-Bmp7 (ARP32328_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP32328 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03315)
- Printable datasheet for anti-Bmp7 (ARP32328_P050) antibody
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Skin
IHC Information: Kidney
Kitamura, S. et al. The Selection of Peritoneal Mesothelial Cells Is Important for Cell Therapy to Prevent Peritoneal Fibrosis. Tissue Eng. Part A. 20, 529-39 (2014). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 24007428
Kodama, S., Okamoto, T. & Suzuki, M. Sinonasal schwannoma with new bone formation expressing bone morphogenic protein. Int. J. Otolaryngol. 2010, 154948 (2010). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 21197441
Okamoto, T., Kodama, S., Nomi, N., Umemoto, S. & Suzuki, M. Expression of bone morphogenic protein in sinonasal inverted papilloma with new bone formation. Allergy Rhinol. (Providence). 2, 16-20 (2011). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 22852110
Product Page for Bmp7 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP32328_P050)
Researcher: Christina Theodorpoulos, Queensland Univ. of Technology
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Human kidney (Proteinase K)
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||IHC is an important technique for our experimental studies in order to assess protein expression of interest, in this case BMP7 in xenograft in tissue samples.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||4|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Not at this stage - first time|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes I believe so|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes, such data generated from the use of this antibody could be implemented in future experiments|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||-80 d C as per instructions|
|Sample Description (please include species type and tissue/cell type):||Positive control: human kidney tissue test tissue human ovarian tissue and xenograft (human cells in mouse model)|
|Please explain fixation solution/method used (formalin, periodate-lysine-paraformaldehyde, acetone, etc.)?||test tissue _ 10% NBF; test tissues 4% PFA fixed|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||3|
|Primary antibody dilution, incubation time and temperature:||1:1000|
|Secondary antibody used, dilution, incubation time and temperature:||Envision Flex/HRP detection reagent solution (Dako), for 30 mins, in humidified chamber at room temperature|
|From your IHC/ICC images, briefly explain the colors of each stain and counterstain:||Brown color - protein of interest, blue color nuclei - haematoxylin counterstaining|
|Did you use an antigen retrieval method? If so, please explain?||Yes - with and without proteinase K. With Proteinase K - (Dako) for 30 mins at RT in a humidified chamber|
|What controls were used in your experiment?||Positive tissue control- human kidney; rabbit IgG isotype|
|Please include your detailed tissue preparation and staining procedure/protocol here:||Deparaffinize in 3 changes of xylene of 8 mins.
Rehydrate through graded series of ethanol (100%, 90%, 70% and 50%) 3 mins each.
0.2M Tris-HCL pH7.4
Delineale section boundary.
Block endogenous peroxidase activity with 3% H2O2 for 30 mins RT in a humidified chamber.
0.2M Tris-HCL pH7.4 wash 3x3 mins.
Antigen retrieval -- Incubate with 0.1M tri-sodium citrate buffer for a minimum of 4 mins at 95 degrees in decloaking chamber.
Block with 2% BSA for 60 mins at RT in a humidified chamber.
0.2M Tris-HCL pH7.4 wash 3x3 mins.
Prepare liquid DAB and substrate chromogen (1 drop chromogen per ml) DAKO.
Apply chromogen solution until colour developes.
Rinse in ddH2O.
Blue nuclei with 0.1% ammonium hydroxide for 30s.
Rinse in 0.2M Tris-HCL.
Dehydrate sections 50%, 70%, 90%, 100% for 3 mins each.
3 changes with xylene for 5 mins each.
Coverslip with Eukitt mounting media.