- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2
- Alias Symbols:
- BMP2A, BMP2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-128103 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN BMP-2:Biotin
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BMP2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BMP2.
- The immunogen for anti-BMP2 antibody: recombinant human BMP-2.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently
- Printable datasheet for anti-BMP2 antibody - OASA07472
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA : This product can be used in a direct ELISA system or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA together with OASA07470 as a capture reagent.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present.
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human BMP-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Balemans, W. and Van Hul, W. (2002) Extracellular regulation of BMP signaling in vertebrates: a cocktail of modulators. Dev. Biol. 250: 231-250.
2. Sebald, W. et al. (2004) Molecular recognition in bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)/receptor interaction. Biol. Chem. 385: 697-710.
3. Keller, S. et al. (2004) Molecular recognition of BMP-2 and BMP receptor IA. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. 11: 481-488.
4. Kirsch, T. et al. (2000) BMP-2 antagonists emerge from alterations in the low-affinity binding epitope for receptor BMPR-II. EMBO J. 19: 3314-3324.
5. Kimura, N. et al. (2000) BMP2-induced apoptosis is mediated by activation of the TAK1-p38 kinase pathway that is negatively regulated by Smad6. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 17647-17652.