- Official Gene Full Name:
- bone morphogenetic protein 7
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 7, Osteogenic protein 1, Eptotermin alfa, OP-1
- Description of Target:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 7 or BMP7 (also known as osteogenic protein-1 or OP-1) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BMP7 gene.The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the TGF-β superfamily. Like other members of the bone morphogenetic protein family of proteins, it plays a key role in the transformation of mesenchymal cells into bone and cartilage. It is inhibited by noggin and a similar protein, chordin, which are expressed in the Spemann-Mangold Organizer. BMP7 may be involved in bone homeostasis. It is expressed in the brain, kidneys and bladder.
- Protein Name:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 7
- Sample Type:
- bone tissue, cell culture supernates, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA) and urine
- < 10 pg/ml
- Kit Range:
- 31.2 pg/ml-2,000 pg/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology BMP7 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKBB00356) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for BMP7 has been pre-coated onto 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards (NSO, S293-H431) and test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for BMP7 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is visualized through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Human BMP7 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Lyophilized recombinant mouse C-MET standard||10 ng/tube x 2|
|Anti-mouse C-MET Antibody Well Plate||96 Wells|
|Sample diluent buffer||30 mL|
|Biotinylated anti- mouse C-MET antibody||130 uL, dilution 1:100|
|Antibody diluent buffer||12 mL|
|Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC)||130 uL, dilution 1:100|
|ABC diluent buffer||12 mL|
|TMB color developing agent||10 mL|
|TMB stop solution||10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BMP7.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BMP7.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- No detectable cross-reactivity with any other cytokine.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Target Reference:
- 1.Hahn GV, Cohen RB, Wozney JM, Levitz CL, Shore EM, Zasloff MA, Kaplan FS (November 1992). "A bone
morphogenetic protein subfamily: chromosomal localization of human genes for BMP5, BMP6, and BMP7". Genomics
14 (3): 759–62.
2.Chen D, Zhao M, Mundy GR (December 2004). "Bone morphogenetic proteins". Growth Factors 22 (4): 233–41.
- There is no detectable cross-reactivity with other relevant proteins.
- Additional Information:
- Range: 31.2pg/ml-2000pg/ml
- Principle: Aviva’s human BMP-7 ELISA Kit was based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. Human BMP-7 specific-specific monoclonal antibodies were precoated onto 96-well plates. The human specific detection polyclonal antibodies were biotinylated. The test samples and biotinylated detection antibodies were added to the wells subsequently and then followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex was added and unbound conjugates were washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. HRP substrate TMB was used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB was catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changed into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow is proportional to the human BMP-7 amount of sample captured in plate.
- Notes: 1. To inspect the validity of experiment operation and the appropriateness of sample dilution proportion, pilot experiment using standards and a small number of samples is recommended.
2. The TMB Color Developing agent is colorless and transparent before using, contact us freely if it is not the case.
3. Before using the Kit, spin tubes and bring down all components to the bottom of tubes.
4. Duplicate well assay is recommended for both standard and sample testing.
5. Don’t let 96-well plate dry, for dry plate will inactivate active components on plate.
6. Don’t reuse tips and tubes to avoid cross contamination.
7. To avoid to use the reagents from different batches together.
8. In order to avoid marginal effect of plate incubation due to temperature difference ( reaction may be stronger in the marginal wells), it is suggested that the diluted ABC and TMB solution will be pre-warmed in 37C for 30 min before using.
Background: Bone morphogenetic protein 7 or BMP7 (also known as osteogenic protein-1 or OP-1) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BMP7 gene.The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the TGF-β superfamily. Like other members of the bone morphogenetic protein family of proteins, it plays a key role in the transformation of mesenchymal cells into bone and cartilage. It is inhibited by noggin and a similar protein, chordin, which are expressed in the Spemann-Mangold Organizer. BMP7 may be involved in bone homeostasis. It is expressed in the brain, kidneys and bladder.