- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC34632, BDNF
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the nerve growth factor family. It is induced by cortical neurons, and is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain. Expression of this gene is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. This gene may play a role in the regulation of stress response and in the biology of mood disorders. Multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described for this gene.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BDNF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BDNF.
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; AGO3; INPP5K; F11R; JUNB; APP; ELAVL1; Ntrk2; CADPS2; MBTPS1; SORT1; NOS3; NTF4; NTF3; ESR1; NCAM1; CPE; BDNF;
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 39
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.