- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor
- Protein Name:
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20981 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- BDNF is a member of the nerve growth factor family. It is induced by cortical neurons, and is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain. Expression BDNF is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. BDNF may play a role in the regulation of stress response and in the biology of mood disorders.The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the nerve growth factor family. It is induced by cortical neurons, and is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain. Expression of this gene is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. This gene may play a role in the regulation of stress response and in the biology of mood disorders. Multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described for this gene, but the full-length nature of only some could be determined.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BDNF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BDNF.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human BDNF
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Monkey
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-BDNF (ARP41970_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EWVTAADKKTAVDMSGGTVTVLEKVPVSKGQLKQYFYETKCNPMGYTKEG
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; AGO3; INPP5K; F11R; JUNB; APP; ELAVL1; Ntrk2; CADPS2; MBTPS1; SORT1; NOS3; NTF4; NTF3; ESR1; NCAM1; CPE; BDNF;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-BDNF (ARP41970_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP41970 (Previous Catalog # AAPS11111)
- Printable datasheet for anti-BDNF (ARP41970_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Hashimoto,R., (2008) Neurosci. Res. 61 (4), 360-367
McCarthy, D. M. et al. Cocaine alters BDNF expression and neuronal migration in the embryonic mouse forebrain. J. Neurosci. 31, 13400-11 (2011). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 21940433
Horibe, I. et al. Induction of melanogenesis by 4’-O-methylated flavonoids in B16F10 melanoma cells. J. Nat. Med. 67, 705-10 (2013). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 23242310
Kasemeier-Kulesa, JC; Morrison, JA; Lefcort, F; Kulesa, PM; TrkB/BDNF signalling patterns the sympathetic nervous system. 6, 8281 (2015). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 26404565
Kight, KE; McCarthy, MM; Sex differences and estrogen regulation of BDNF gene expression, but not propeptide content, in the developing hippocampus. 95, 345-354 (2017). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 27870444
McCarthy, DM; Bell, GA; Cannon, EN; Mueller, KA; Huizenga, MN; Sadri-Vakili, G; Fadool, DA; Bhide, PG; Reversal Learning Deficits Associated with Increased Frontal Cortical Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Tyrosine Kinase B Signaling in a Prenatal Cocaine Exposure Mouse Model. 38, 354-364 (2016). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 27951531
McCarthy, DM; Mueller, KA; Cannon, EN; Huizenga, MN; Darnell, SB; Bhide, PG; Sadri-Vakili, G; Prenatal Cocaine Exposure Alters BDNF-TrkB Signaling in the Embryonic and Adult Brain. 38, 365-374 (2016). IHC, WB, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 28132054