- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology AVP ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03099) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-rat Avp antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Avp and incubated. The Avp found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Avp for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-rat Avp antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Avp and sample or standard Avp is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Avp captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Avp which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Range:
- 31.2 - 2000pg/mL
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Avp Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Avp Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated Avp Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- arginine vasopressin
- Alias Symbols:
- AVP-NPII, DI, Vas, Vasopressin-neurophysin 2-copeptin
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Vasopressin-neurophysin 2-copeptin
- Description of Target:
- Neurophysin 2 specifically binds vasopressin. Vasopressin has a direct antidiuretic action on the kidney, it also causes vasoconstriction of the peripheral vessels.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 15.78 pg/mL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Avp.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Avp.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Rat Vasopressin-neurophysin 2-copeptin