- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ubiquitin-like protein ATG12
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- APG12, FBR93, APG12L, HAPG12, ATG12
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-271688 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI ATG12 (INTERNAL REGION)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- IHC-FFPE, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ATG12.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ATG12.
- The immunogen for anti-ATG12 antibody: synthetic peptide corresponding to a 15 aa sequence from near the centre of human ATG12.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human; Mouse; Rat
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-ATG12 antibody - OASA06996
- Rabbit anti ATG12 (Internal Region) antibody recognizes human Autophagy-related protein 12 (ATG12).
ATG12, a member of the autophagy protein family, forms a conjugate with ATG5; this conjugate has a ubiquitin-protein ligase (E3)-like activity for protein lipidation in autophagy. This conjugate also associates with innate immune response proteins such as RIG-I and VISA, inhibiting type I interferon production and permitting viral replication in host cells. ATG12 has also been shown to interact with ATG10 in human embryonic kidney cells in the presence of ATG7.
There are at least two isoforms of ATG12.
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- Application Suggested Dillution
IHC-Paraffin* 2.5 ug/ml
Western Blot 1 ug/ml
* This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Western Blot detects a band of approximately 40 kD in mouse heart tissue lysate.
- Additional Information:
- Histology Positive Control Tissue: Human brain
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
Antiserum Preparation: Antiserum to human ATG12 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline
Bhowmik, T; Gomes, A; NKCT1 (purified Naja kaouthia protein toxin) conjugated gold nanoparticles induced Akt/mTOR inactivation mediated autophagic and caspase 3 activated apoptotic cell death in leukemic cell. 121, 86-97 (2016). IHC-FFPE, WB, Human, Mouse, Rat 27527270
- Tips Information: