- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Mouse IgG1
- WB, IHC, IF
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- The antibodies are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20C to -70C. The antibodies can be stored at 2C to 8C for three month without detectable loss of activity.
Avoid repeated freezing thawing cycles.
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- tubulin, beta class I
- Alias Symbols:
- M40, TUBB1, TUBB5, CDCBM6, OK/SW-cl.56,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101527 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Tubulin is the major building block of microtubules which is essential in cell structures, transportation and mitosis. This superfamily is composed of six distinct families. Alpha, beta, and gamma tubulin families are found in all eukaryotes.
The alpha and beta tubulins represent the major components of microtubules, while gamma tubulin plays a critical role in the nucleation of microtubule assembly. There are multiple alpha and beta tubulin genes, which are highly conserved among species. The abundance of Gamma tubulin is less than 1% of the level of either alpha or beta tubulin. It shares approximately 28-32% identity with alpha tubulin from various organisms and 32-36% identity with beta tubulins. The detection, localization and characterization of proteins involved in microtubule function is fundamental to the understanding of mitosis, meiosis and the microtubule cytoskeleton.
- Molecular Weight:
- 55 kDa
- The Mouse IgG is purified by Protein A Affinity Purification.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TUBB.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TUBB.
- A synthetic peptide derived from Internal sequence of Tubulin beta protein. This sequence is identical to Human, Mouse, Rat, chicken and dog species.
- Printable datasheet for Mouse Anti-Tubulin beta Monoclonal AntibodyOAAI00280
- This antibody recognizes ~55 kDa of Human Tubulin protein. It is cross react to Human, Mouse and Rat. The other species are not tested.
- Application Info:
- Positive Control: Lung Tissue, Hela Cell
Western Blot: 0.1-1 μg/ml
ELISA: 0.01-0.1 μg/ml
IP: 2-5 μg/ml
- Target Reference:
- Wang, D., Villasante, A et al. The mammalian beta-tubulin repertoire: hematopoietic expression of a novel, heterologous beta-tubulin isotype. J. Cell Biol. 103 (5), 1903-1910 (1986).